H G Tut H C DT A F FB E P E Image Map

Monday, August 15, 2011

Kick Up Your Heels!

Happy Monday, everyone! I hope you week is starting off great! The weather is beautiful here today...sunny, 76 degrees, low humidity. The air conditioner is off for the first time in months and the windows are open, letting the fresh air in! Ahhhh :)
Challenge #7 this week at Cricut 360 is Old West. For this card, I used the Old West cart, which I think I have used only once before. And I got to use new crinkle ribbon that my good friend Karen of Little Scrap Pieces sent to me! She makes and hand-dyes this ribbon herself and let me tell you, it is incredibly FABULOUS! I am so in love with this ribbon! Thank you so much, Karen - you are awesome! :) I also used a K Andrew stamp from her Fashionable Friends set. $1 from every set goes to Cancer Angels to help stage 4 level cancer patients. Cancer Angels gives at least 95% of all monies raised to those in need. Click HERE to purchase your own set.

Recipe
  • K Andrew Fashionable Friends Stamp - Kick Up Your Heels
  • Old West Cartridge - Wild West at 1 1/2"; horses at 1 1/2"
  • DCWV Paper - Safari stack
  • Cuttlebug Forest Branches Embossing Folder - paper behind words
  • Cuttlebug Polka Dots Embossing Folder - brown background paper
  • Tim Holtz Old Paper Distress Ink - brushed over branches embossing
  • Tim Holtz Walnut Distress Ink - edges
  • Foam tape - wild west and horses
  • Metal brads - not sure of the brand
  • Crinkle Ribbon - thanks again, Karen!!
Thanks so much for stopping by today! Don't forget to mark your calendar for the Getting Cricky Ustream and Blog Hop this Friday! I will have an awesome set of K Andrew stamps to give away!! :)

25 comments:

Susan said...

Am I the first comment? Yay!! Opps, better enter....

Susan said...

Me again Lisa! I love the card! I thought about entering this challenge but for the life of me couldn't think of anything! Your idea is fabulous with the horses and the cool paper. A+++ for creativity!

Susan
cricutandgrasshopper.blogspot.com

Judy said...

About the weather --- LUCKY you!! We will have excessive high heat and humidity for at least 2 more months here in FL:-( Sometimes longer than that-YUK!

Jen said...

Cute card, Lisa! Love the ribbon. Man, I wish it was 76 here! With the heat index we hit about 102 today in sunny north central Florida. Hot-hot-hot!

~ Jen @ Musings of a Crafty Mom
www.gator-4-life.blogspot.com

Unknown said...

Oh Lisa this is just too cute!!!! I love this and what an awesome project!!!! great job again!!!!

Karen said...

you rocked that ribbon! Probably because it is just a nice accent to a fabulous card. Love that paper on the wild west..Big hugs Karen

Amy said...

Adorable card- I love the style, the awesome patterned papers and of course, that spectacular crinkle ribbon! Definitely feels very western! Great job! :)Amy

callyannc said...

This card is cute. I love the colors. TFS CallyAnn
http://callyanncraftycreations.blogspot.com

abusybee - DoubleClick Connections said...

Super fun card! Great details and layers! We are still in the 105++ Can't wait for it to cool down!

Carri~abusybee
www.doubleclickconnections.blogspot.com

Kelly S said...

Fabulous card, Lisa! The sentiment is just perfect. :)

Kelly
http://kellyscraftylife.blogspot.com

girlia said...

pretty

MyCuriousCrafts said...

Hi Lisa, your card is absolutely amazing...love it. FABULOUS! ~ Shen

Unknown said...

Lisa this is a very pretty Western theme! Pink and gray gives such a lovely feel to it. Great job:) Hugs, Pam at http://craftycards4u2.blogspot.com/

Norma said...

Hi Lisa, glad to hear weather is great!! I love having all windows open and feeling the fresh breeze ahhh!! Love your card and the title:) TFS
Hugs

LeeAnn from NC said...

Cool card.....I love the way you used the Kick Up Your Heels stamps for horses. Just goes to show how versatile stamps are with a little imagination!

Debeez Designs said...

lovey card definitely has that Western feel about it :)

Anonymous said...

hahah--I love how you used Fashionable friends to make a western card--genius!!!

DIANA L. said...

Super cute!! Love that cart and you did a great job with it!!

DIANA L.
http://dianamlarson.blogspot.com/

Karen H said...

This is so fabulous! The patterned paper looks amazing alongside the embossed cardstock. :o) I absolutely love how you used the same pattern as a base and for the font.. with how it's cut, they al most look like coordinating papers as opposed to identical. :o) I love that you used a few horsies, too.. and the colors! The colors are fantastic. And the ribbon.. I want it! Hehe. Beautiful work as always, my friend! You even used the perfect brads! Brushed metal-look is awesome with this. (Sorry I always leave you novels! I can't help it!) Looking forward to the blog hop! :o)

Hugs and blessings! :o)
http://kaleidoscopicsparkles.blogspot.com

Sherrie K. said...

Love your card!! I have just purchased that cart and haven't even opened it yet. Need to do that ASAP! Your paper is fantastic and love the design layout:) Great job Lisa!
Sherrie K
http://sherriescraps.blogspot.com

Sunshine HoneyBee said...

Howdy pardner! Your Western card makes me want to go horseback riding which I like to do.
Melissa
"Sunshine HoneyBee"
http://CreatedbySunshineHoneyBee.blogspot.com

JoAnn V. (http://joboogie.typepad.com) said...

So pretty! Love it!

cuttlebug_fan said...

Nice card! Love your color combo. Thanks for joining us at Cricut360.

Leirad
leiradcardmakingcorner.blogspot.com

Stacey's Creative Corner said...

So cute! I love the color combo of the pink and gray! Thanks for joining us at Cricut 360!

Stacey
staceyscreativecorner.blogspot.com

Unknown said...

I cannot believe I hadn't commented on this card on your blog. I loved it when I saw it on the yahoo group. This is absolutely thinking outside the box. You did a great job using the stamp set.
Hugs
Brenda
I would be honored if you came to see my blog here

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...